Steel Handler – 3rd shift
POSITION TITLE: Steel Handler
LOCATION: Meadville, PA
SHIFT: 3rd Shift
Position Summary and Key Objectives:
Responsible for the material flow of incoming and outgoing steel in the Steel Yard. Responsible for operating 5 CNC saws.
Key Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Safe operation of a 6,000 ton capacity fork truck 4-5 hours per day.
- Operate an overhead crane
- Set-up and operate 5 CNC saws.
- Scan and enter inventory/work orders into tubs and make finished good tags with the barcoding system, visual manufacturing.
- Removing scrap, crop and bar ends.
- Un-loading trucks and loading large steel stock into shears and saws.
- Assist with the setup of sheer.
- Replace gas tanks on the fork truck which weigh 40-45 lbs.
- Leveling billets in bins using a metal rake.
- All other duties required by supervision.
Qualification and Education:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Forklift experience preferred
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of material tracking system preferred
- Reaching: Frequently required when picking parts out of tubs and performing other essential functions of the job.
- Bending: Frequently required in the essential functions of the job.
- Climbing: Frequently required when getting on and off the fork truck.
- Hand usage: Frequently required for pushing, pulling, raking, reaching and grasping.
- Lifting: Up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Walking: Occasional walking and standing.
- Environment: Mostly indoors, but occasionally outside, dirty, working on concrete flooring. Cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
- Hours: A minimum of 8 hours per day, 5 to 6 days a week depending on production demand.
Meadville Forging offers an excellent total compensation package including:
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401K with Company Match Program
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Much more….
Note: The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the organization. Meadville Forging Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.