POSITION TITLE: Press Operator
REPORTS TO: Press Room Supervisor
LOCATION: Meadville, PA
SHIFT: 2nd Shift 3-11PM & 3rd Shift 11PM-7AM
Position Summary and Key Objectives:
The Press Operator is responsible for the safe operation of closed die mechanical forging presses ranging from 1,000-4,000 tons. Employees are required to transfer hot steel billets, weighing between 2-30 lbs, utilizing metal tongs weighing approximately 4 lbs. This employee is the leader of the press crew and is responsible for installing and removing tooling and minor troubleshooting.
Key Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Maintaining the safe operation of the forging press.
- Installing and removing tooling from press’s utilizing impact wrenches and other heavy machinery.
- Housekeeping and other duties assigned by supervisor(s).
- Observe furnace temperatures and make adjustments if needed.
- Periodically inspect forged parts in accordance with job requirements.
- Install and tear down die sets in compound trim presses.
- 5s and other duties as assigned by supervision
Qualification and Education:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Forklift experience preferred
- Previous heavy manufacturing experience preferred, but not required
- Experience using measuring devices such as micrometers and height gauges.
- Blue print reading experience.
Bending: Occasional bending required in the essential functions of the job.
Climbing: Frequently required when getting on and off platform and fork truck at times.
Hand usage: Continuously using both hands for simple grasping of tongs for transferring billets and for grasping of wrenches when involved in setting up the press and for sweeping and shoveling when involved in housekeeping activities.
Lifting: 10-30lbs frequently and up to 50 lbs. occasionally / rarely.
Environment: – 100% indoors, standing on rubber mat which is placed on concrete flooring or metal platform. Noisy with elevated temperatures during the summer months.
Hours: A minimum of 8 hours per day, 5 to 6 days a week depending on production demand.
Meadville Forging offers an excellent total compensation package including:
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
401K with company match program
13 paid holidays
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
Note: The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the organization. Meadville Forging Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.