Maintenance Mechanic – 3rd shift
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Mechanic – 3rd shift
LOCATION: Meadville, PA
POSITION SUMMARY and KEY OBJECTIVES:
Maintains production equipment by ensuring the operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. responsible for installing, repairing and monitoring industrial processing and production machinery
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES, JOB DUTIES and COMPETENCIES:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
QUALIFICATION and EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- High degree of Mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot
- Must be able to demonstrate some form of welding
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must have a willingness to work overtime.
- Must be able to climb ladders, JLG and be comfortable working from heights
Reaching: Frequently required when conducting repair work and performing other essential functions of the job.
Bending: Frequently required in the essential functions of the job.
Climbing: Frequently required when getting on and off the fork truck and climbing ladders.
Hand usage: Frequently required for pushing, pulling, reaching and grasping when performing repairs and new installations.
Lifting: Up to 50lbs occasionally and 10-20lbs regularly.
Walking: Frequently walking and standing.
Environment: Mostly indoors, but occasionally outside, dirty, working on concrete flooring. Cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
Hours: A minimum of 8 hours per day, 5 to 7 days a week depending on production demand.
Meadville Forging offers an excellent total compensation package including:
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401K with company match program
- 13 paid holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Much more….
Note: The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the organization. Meadville Forging Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.