Job Openings at MeadVILLE Forge
May 11, 2022
Reports to: Purchasing Manager
Location: 15309 Baldwin Street Extension Meadville, PA
Shifts: 1st Shift
POSITION SUMMARY AND KEY OBJECTIVES:
To plan, direct and control activities relating to the procurement of all MRO items, tool steel, supplies, services and capital equipment used in the manufacture of forged and machined products. Develop, implement and administer policies, procedures and methods by which the supplier base is managed to insure the timely availability of purchased products consistent with quality, cost and inventory parameters.
MAJOR DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process all requisitions for the procurement of raw materials. tool steel, MRO items, supplies, services and capital equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of every transaction and provide precise and correct reports to management as often as needed.
- Identify and track any cost savings initiatives and insure the operating departments adhere to their budgets each month based on the weekly KPI’s and savings scorecard.
- Assists the Purchasing Manager in the Negotiations of the purchase agreements for MRO items, supplies, services, and capital equipment for the group consistent with accepted standards of quality and services.
- Establish and continuously develop the necessary supplier base to ensure availability of quality materials in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Maintain the highest level of ethical behavior in the purchasing function and avoid at all cost the appearance of impropriety.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Associates degree required
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in Supply Chain or Purchasing / preferred but not required
- Experience working within ERP Systems (Visual Mfg.) /preferred but not required
- Skilled with Microsoft Office tools including PowerPoint, Excel, and Access
- Inquisitive, detail-oriented with strong quantitative analytical skills and an innovative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work in fast paced and demanding environment
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY:
Meadville Forge offers an excellent compensation package, including:
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401K with company match program
- 13 paid holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Much more….
Join the MFC team by:
Applying Online Now!
Applying in person.
Note: The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the organization. Meadville Forging Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.
New jobs coming soon. Check back often!