Job Openings at Meadville Forging Co.
Meadville Forging Company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, protected disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any other legally protected status.
Technician One (Electrical Technician)
Reports to: Electrical Supervisor
Location: 15309 Baldwin Street Extension Meadville, PA
Shifts: 2nd Shift
POSITION SUMMARY AND KEY OBJECTIVES:
The Technician One is a member of the Maintenance Department. The main functions are to support Production, minimize downtime, conduct preventative Maintence and seek continuous quality improvement.
MAJOR DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoot and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment, including programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gauges and test equipment.
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Following and understanding ladder logic.
- Making necessary timer and counter value changes.
- Making necessary rung modifications.
- Troubleshooting using hand-help programmers and lap-top.
- Understanding Allen-Bradley addressing and numbering systems.
- Diagnosing and correcting programming errors.
- Attend Company sponsored outside schooling and training as needed, as well as in-house seminars and training.
- Some mechanical maintenance required.
- Provide a proper electrical service to new equipment. This also covers specifying all of the hardware needed for the project.
- Bend conduit and familiarity with various other basic industrial electrical practices
- Some mechanical Maintenance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Associates Degree or Equivalent Military Training in Electronics
- Previous Electrical experience preferred, but not required
- Must know how to use electrical and electronic test equipment such as:
- Amp Meters
- Signal Generators
- Frequency Counters
- Must be able to read electrical and electronic diagrams and troubleshoot from them.
- Pneumatic and hydraulic knowledge helpful.
Reaching: Frequently required when conducting repair work and performing other essential functions of the job.
Bending: Frequently required in the essential functions of the job.
Climbing: Frequently required when getting on and off the fork truck and climbing ladders.
Hand usage: Frequently required for pushing, pulling, reaching and grasping when performing repairs and new installations.
Lifting: Up to 50lbs occasionally and 10-20lbs regularly.
Walking: Frequently walking and standing.
Environment: Mostly indoors, but occasionally outside, dirty, working on concrete flooring. Cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
Hours: A minimum of 8 hours per day, 5 to 7 days a week depending on production demand.
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY:
Meadville Forge offers an excellent compensation package, including:
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401K with company match program
- 13 paid holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Much more….
Join the MFC team by:
Applying Online Now!
Applying in person.
Note: The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the organization. Meadville Forging Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.