Job Openings at Meadville Forging Co.
Meadville Forging Company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, protected disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any other legally protected status.
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Location: 15309 Baldwin Street Extension Meadville, PA
Shifts: 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift
POSITION SUMMARY AND KEY OBJECTIVES:
Responsible for the safe operation of mechanical forging presses that range from 1,000 – 4,000 tons. The Operator is responsible for installing tooling and making necessary adjustments to meet part specifications. Requires employee to transfer hot steel billets, weighing 2 to 50 lbs., utilizing metal tongs. This employee is the leader of the press crew.
MAJOR DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining the operation of the forging press.
- Installing and removing tooling from press.
- Housekeeping duties.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to read micrometers, depth mic’s and height gauges.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to work in a high paced environment
- Reaching: Frequently required while operating a press.
- Bending: Frequently required in the essential functions of the job.
- Climbing: Frequently required when getting on and off the fork truck and climbing stairs.
- Hand usage: Continuously required for pushing, pulling, reaching and grasping when operating a forging press.
- Lifting: Up to 50lbs occasionally and 10-30lbs regularly.
- Walking: Frequently walking and standing.
- Environment: Mostly indoors, but occasionally outside, dirty, working on concrete flooring. Cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
- Hours: A minimum of 8 hours per day, 5 to 7 days a week depending on production demand.
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY:
Meadville Forge offers an excellent compensation package, including:
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401K with company match program
- 13 paid holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Much more….
Join the MFC team by:
- Applying Online Now!
- Applying in person
Note: The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the organization. Meadville Forging Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.