Job Openings at MeadVILLE Forge
Electrical Controls Engineer
Reports to: Electrical Controls Manager
Location: 15309 Baldwin Street Extension Meadville, PA
Shifts: 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift
POSITION SUMMARY AND KEY OBJECTIVES:
This position is responsible for the electrical design and programming of new automated equipment including robotics, vision systems and auto gauging, as well as the continuous improvement of the existing equipment used in the forging and machining processes. Assist maintenance and production team members when the need arises, whether pertaining to improvements, quality, production or maintenance. Perform job safely with little supervision.
MAJOR DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains and develops controls for the equipment at the MFC Group.
- Design control systems that meets OSHA and National Electric Code requirements.
- Work with Engineering to ensure functionality and reliability in machine design
- Works with AB PLC’s, HMI’s, Servo Drives and other electrical equipment.
- Work with Engineering, Forging Operations and CNC Operations to enhance production rates, operator requirements, and part quality.
- Work with Maintenance to ensure new equipment is maintainable, and maintenance personnel are trained accordingly.
- Work with Maintenance to improve equipment uptime, and reduce unplanned downtime.
- Interface with the Quality Department (Engineering, Forging Operations and CNC Operations) to ensure equipment produces product that meets or exceeds customer’s requirements, and to develop inspection equipment to verify only acceptable product advances to the next step of manufacturing or is shipped to the customer.
- Creates and maintains drawings for the control systems.
- Interface PLC’s to SCADA systems
- Creates and implements robotic programing and interfacing to control systems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology with additional experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience
- A thorough knowledge of Allen Bradley PLCs and HMIs including RS Logix 500 and RS Logix 5000
- Experience with Servo Systems
- Knowledge of Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems
- Knowledge Motor Control Circuits
- CAD programming ability.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and mechanical drawings
- Experience with data collection and data base
- Knowledge of Induction heating equipment
- Experience in vision inspection systems
- Siemens Step 7 programming experience
- Experience with Fanuc or Denso articulated robots
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY:
- No direct reports and no budgetary responsibility.
Meadville Forge offers an excellent compensation package, including:
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401K with company match program
- 13 paid holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Much more….
Join the MFC team by:
Applying Online Now!
Applying in person.
Note: The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the organization. Meadville Forging Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.
New jobs coming soon. Check back often!