Job Openings at MeadVILLE Forge
August 18, 2022
Reports to: Manager of Accounting and Finance
Location: 15309 Baldwin Street Extension Meadville, PA
Shifts: 1st Shift
POSITION SUMMARY AND KEY OBJECTIVES:
The Staff Accountant reports to the Manager of Accounting and Finance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to providing support to the production departments by means of entering, compiling and analyzing data throughout the manufacturing process. This data is used to support manufacturing, payroll and accounting. This position provides backup support to Payroll by processing weekly payroll, running reports and processing all payroll transactions. Accounting duties will be back up support for Accounts Payable and Receivables along with reviewing general ledger accounts, preparing and adjusting journal entries, performing account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements, assisting with initial internal control evaluations and posting monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals
MAJOR DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter Press Room payroll information into the labor entry split program.
- Compile and enter scrap data from the Steel Yard, Press Room, Heat Treat and Inspection departments. Interpret, generate and distribute multiple reports based on scrap to the Meadville and Cambridge Springs locations.
- Balance shear and saw cut sheets to identify any possible errors that might have occurred during production to account for any variances.
- Compile weekly press production hours to track run hours for each press to provide to the Maintenance department.
- Provide assistance and trouble shoot issues in Visual Manufacturing. Transfer, void and return inventory tubs when necessary.
- Back up Payroll by processing weekly payroll and maintain payroll information relating to deductions, garnishments, etc. in coordination with the Human Resource Department
- Vendor transactions including, H.S.A., 401(K), etc.
- Gross to net calculation, audit and balancing
- Prepare and maintain related payroll records and reports
- Prepare and maintain standard and ad hoc reports, queries, and conduct appropriate audits to ensure data integrity
- Provide back up for Accounts Payable and Account Receivable as needed
- Maintain financial reports, records and general ledger accounts
- Prepare journal entries, analyses and account reconciliations
- Assist with monthly closing processes
- Contribute to the development and review of annual budgets and performance projections
- Assist in preparing and responding to information requests from customers, vendors, auditors, etc.
- Meet processing and reporting deadlines
- Assist in various special projects as requested
- Document workflow and work procedures
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Undergraduate degree or BA in Accounting
- Preferred Accounting experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Payroll processes and function
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite, primarily Microsoft Excel
- Strong Computer Skills
- Accuracy in daily work and other projects
- Exposure to accounting and auditing principles and practices
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY:
- This position is Salary Exempt.
- No direct or indirect reports
Meadville Forge offers an excellent compensation package, including:
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401K with company match program
- 13 paid holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Much more….
Join the MFC team by:
Applying Online Now!
Applying in person.
Note: The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the organization. Meadville Forging Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.
New jobs coming soon. Check back often!