Position Title: Material Handler
Reports To: Press Room Supervisor
Shift: 2nd and 3rd Shift
Location: Meadville , PA
Position Summary and Key Objectives:
Responsible for the material flow of incoming and outgoing product within the press room department. Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area. Performs job safely with little supervision; self-guided.
Key Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Safe operation of a 6,000 ton capacity fork truck 4-5 hours per day.
- Transport billets from the steel yard into the press room and load billets into the press hopper.
- Scan and enter inventory/work orders into presses and make finished good tags with the barcoding system, visual manufacturing.
- Removing scrap, trim and re-run billets: requires pushing tub to dump 10-20 times per day.
- Replenish graphite and general housekeeping
- Assist with the setup of mechanical forging presses.
- Inform shipping department of low dunnage or stock.
- Replace gas tanks on the fork truck which weigh 40-45 lbs.
- Leveling hot forged products in bins using a metal rake.
- All other duties required by supervision.
Qualification and Education:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Forklift experience preferred
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of material tracking system preferred
Reaching: Frequently required when picking parts out of tubs and performing other essential functions of the job.
Bending: Frequently required in the essential functions of the job.
Climbing: Frequently required when getting on and off the fork truck.
Hand usage: Frequently required for pushing, pulling, raking, reaching and grasping.
Lifting: Up to 50 lbs. occasionally. 10-20lbs frequently.
Walking: Occasional walking and standing.
Environment: Mostly indoors, but occasionally outside, dirty, working on concrete flooring. Cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
Hours: A minimum of 8 hours per day, 5 to 6 days a week depending on production demand.
Meadville Forging offers an excellent total compensation package including:
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
401K WITH company match program
13 paid holidays
Employee Profit Sharing
Short- and long-term disability insurance
Note: The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the organization. Meadville Forging Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.