POSITION TITLE: CNC Shift Supervisor – 2nd Shift
LABOR GRADE: 7
LOCATION: Cambridge Springs
REPORTS TO: Production Manger
POSITION SUMMARY and KEY OBJECTIVES: The shift supervisor will oversee operations for the Cambridge Springs facility during his or her assigned shift. The supervisor will assist employees in all aspects of safety and production to achieve company, customer, and employee safety and delivery goals. This person will be responsible to meet shift OEE.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and JOB DUTIES:
- Manage all department activities to achieve efficient operational disciplines:
- Inventory Management
- Emergency procedures
- Possess Knowledge and have understanding in the following areas:
- Quality TS16949
- Environmental ISO14001
- Material Tracking System
- Visual System
- Time and Attendance
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are being followed and applied.
- Responsible for all disciplinary actions, including documentation and communication with the Plant Manager, Production Manager and HR department.
- Responsible for all Safety activities in the department:
- Accident Procedures and reporting
- Emergency/ Evacuation Procedures and reporting
- Operator safety at their work station to include 5S practices
- Overall safety awareness and training
- Perform all essential inspection processes needed for production processes.
- Must be dedicated to a spirit of continuous improvement mindset and communicate this to your workforce on an ongoing basis.
QUALIFICATION and EDUCATION:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in machining
- High school diploma
- Set-up experience to include use of correct tooling/fixturing
- Basic knowledge of G codes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Experience in Excel is a plus
SCOPE of AUTHORITY:
- Responsible for approximately 10-20 direct reports and 2-10 indirect reports depending upon the shift. These include hourly production direct report employees and indirect Quality, Maintenance and temporary employees.
- Budgetary responsibility – None
Note: The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the organization.