POSITION TITLE: Metallurgical Engineer
REPORTS TO: Corporate Metallurgist
LOCATION: Meadville , PA
POSITION SUMMARY and KEY OBJECTIVES:
The Metallurgical Engineer provides technical support to Operations and Quality for all phases of forging and machining operations. Supports Operations, to ensure good quality procedures are in place, oversees trials of new materials and processes to ensure good quality practices are being utilized, and provides metallurgical support to management personnel.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and JOB DUTIES:
- Interface with the Quality department in metallurgical testing methods, new part validations and raw material supplier audits.
- Conduct thermal processing supplier development audits.
- Oversee metallurgical testing methods and equipment such as:
- Rockwell and Brinell hardness
- Optical Emission Spectroscopy
- Interface with Engineering and Sales team during quotation process.
- Strive to continually improve quality and develop cost saving initiatives.
- Provide new process development support and leadership in the areas of:
- Induction hardening
- Quench and temper
- Isothermal annealing
- Subcritical annealing
- Ensure that Operations follows sound metallurgical practices.
- Perform failure investigations on customer returns/claims.
- Provide technical support for all phases of forging operations including tooling, heat treating, and machining.
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION:
- S. Materials Engineering
- Knowledge of Forging industry and related tooling preferred, but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Must be able to work with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to travel, when necessary
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Commitment to safety
Note: The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the organization. Meadville Forging Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.