POSITION TITLE: CNC Machine Operator 2nd & 3rd shift
LOCATION: Cambridge Springs
REPORTS TO: CNC Shift Supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY and KEY OBJECTIVES:
Responsible for learning how to safely and efficiently operate machines to meet quality and customer requirements. Ability to identify quality issues and adjust the machines accordingly to ensure low scrap volume.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and JOB DUTIES:
- Safely and efficiently operate CNC hand and automated load lathes.
- Knowledge of quality standards to ensure product meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Follow standard work instructions and SOP’s.
- Produce quality products to meet production requirements.
- Verification of gauges.
- Visually inspect products for defects.
- Calculate and manually enter off-sets.
- Daily machine maintenance; checking and adding proper fluids.
- Follow 5S procedures.
- Abide by company rules, policies and procedures.
- Ability to follow work instructions to meet procedures; including TS and IATF work procedures.
- Basic troubleshooting of machine issues.
- Understand basic SPC practices.
- Promote continuous improvement ideas.
- Accurately report daily production and scrap.
- Operate as a team player, working and communicating well with others while promoting teamwork throughout the shop.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Knowledge of 5S and lean practices helpful but not necessary
- CNC/Machining experience preferred, but not necessary
- Must be available for off shifts
SCOPE of AUTHORITY:
- No direct reports or budgetary responsibilities
Note: The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the organization.