Heat Treat Operator
POSITION TITLE: Heat Treat Operator
SHIFT: 2nd shift
LOCATION: Meadville, PA
Position Summary and Key Objectives:
Responsible for safe operation of heat treat equipment, load/unload production lines, use measurement tools, and change/adjust control parameters for industrial heat treat line, and completion of production paperwork.
Key Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Safe Operation of Heat Treat furnace and furnace temperature instruments.
- Operation of Fork Trucks and building part loads for furnaces.
- Operate Scales and bar coding system.
- Utilize a Rockwell Machine to test hardness using a hardness conversion chart and scales.
- Utilize a Plasma Nitride Furnace to heat treat tooling. Operate a sand blaster and parts washer to clean tooling.
- Minor maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment
- All other duties required by supervision.
Qualification and Education:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- Basic math skills, addition, subtraction, division, conversion of fractions to decimals, & vice versa.
- Basic computer skills, data input & data extraction.
Reaching: Frequently required when building loads and performing other essential functions of the job.
Bending: Frequently required in the essential functions of the job.
Climbing: Frequently required when getting on and off the fork truck.
Hand usage: Frequently required for pushing, pulling, reaching and grasping.
Lifting: Up to 50 lbs occasionally, 10- 20 lbs regularly.
Walking: Frequently walking and standing.
Environment: Mostly indoors, but occasionally outside, dirty, working on concrete flooring. Cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
Hours: A minimum of 8 hours per day, 5 to 6 days a week depending on production demand.
Meadville Forging offers an excellent total compensation package including:
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401K with company match program
- 13 paid holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Much more….
Note: The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the organization. Meadville Forging Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.