Position Title: Electrical Technician
Reports To: CNC Maintenance Manager
Location: Cambridge Springs, PA
The Electrical Technician is a member of the Maintenance Department whose main job functions are to safely troubleshoot and repair equipment including electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, robotics and CNC equipment. The Electrical Technician will participate in predictive and preventative maintenance programs, including determining root cause of equipment failures and establishing permanent corrections. This role supports production by minimizing downtime and reducing unplanned failures. The Electrical Technician, as with all positions, promotes safety, quality, housekeeping and continual improvement.
Key Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Performs all work in accordance with MFC, OSHA and other applicable safety regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical/electronic systems, including PLCs, HMIs and other programmable controls, “NC” numeral controls, power supplies, motor drives, gauges and test equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Understands and utilizes electrical schematics, including 3-phase, AC and DC circuits.
- Understands and utilizes and modifies relay logic including contactors, timers, counters, etc.
- Understands and utilizes pneumatic and hydraulic schematics.
- Understands and utilizes, and edits ladder logic.
- Troubleshooting using hand-help programmers, pendants and lap-top.
- Attend Company sponsored outside schooling and training as needed, as well as in-house seminars and training.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
Qualifications and Education:
- High School diploma required.
- Previous electrical maintenance, engineering, or other electrical experience required
- Must know how to use electrical and electronic test equipment:
- Proficiency with PLC’s is required. Applicant should be familiar with and have working experience with the following aspects of PLC’s:
- Troubleshooting controller problems
- Troubleshooting program problems
- Be able to follow ladder logic diagrams
- Be able to access and change timer and counter values
- Be able to modify programs as required
- Have hands on experience with Allen-Bradley PLC’s
- A degree or electrical education is a plus
SCOPE of AUTHORITY:
- No direct reports or budgetary responsibilities
Meadville Forging offers excellent benefits including:
- Competitive Wages, 2nd and 3rd shift premiums
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401K WITH company match program
- 13 paid holidays
- Employee Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation
- Life Insurance
- Much more…..
Join the MFC team by:
- Applying in person at 440 McClellan St. Cambridge Springs, PA
- Email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 814-398-5016
Note: The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the organization. Meadville Forging Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.