CNC Mill Operator – 2nd shift or 3rd shift
POSITION TITLE: CNC Mill Operator – 2nd shift or 3rd shift
LOCATION: Meadville, PA
The CNC Mill Operator is responsible for the safe operation and programing of CNC Mills efficiently and effectively to meet quality and customer requirements. Additionally, the Operator will identify quality issues and adjust the machines accordingly to ensure low scrap volume.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES, JOB DUTIES and COMPETENCIES:
- Read, interpret and follow blueprints, geometrical tolerance, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately machine tooling for mechanical forging press operations.
- Set-up and Operate CNC mills
- Programming knowledge is a must
- Program and edit G Codes
- Program, set-up, operate and maintain machine tools for a CNC mill
- Trouble shoot problems independently, and ability to work and aid fellow machinist
- Interpret and apply blue prints and data to ensure parts are manufactured according to specification and blue print call outs
- Able to utilize calipers, micrometers and manual measurement
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
- Excellent attention to details
- Able to work with minimal supervision
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or GED
- 5 years machining / milling experience
- Technical degree / certificate for machining preferred
- Experience with tight tolerance machining up to “.005 is preferred
- Experience with FANUC controls is a positive
Meadville Forging offers an excellent total compensation package including:
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401K with company match program
- 13 paid holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Life Insurance
- Much more….
Note: The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the organization. Meadville Forging Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.